We follow the Institute of Fundraising’s Code of Practice and comply with the key principles embodied in the Code and this Promise.
Essex Wildlife Trust is committed to fundraising and communicating in an honest and transparent way.
Essex Wildlife Trust relies on the generosity and enthusiasm of our members and supporters to fund the majority of our work to protect wildlife and inspire the next generation to care for wildlife too. We receive no core Government funding, so your support is vital to enable us to protect wildlife for the future and for the people of Essex.
We aim to ensure that everyone who chooses to support us, whether by joining as a member, making a donation, giving their time to volunteer with us, or attend events, has a positive and rewarding experience and understands that their support is truly valued.
Our Fundraising Promise:
To be honest and transparent about where your money goes and why we ask for donations
- We publish information widely about our work, and how we spend people’s donations and membership subscriptions. We are committed to keeping everyone informed. We communicate clearly why we need funds and what people’s donations will be spent on; so that everyone can understand the benefits their donations will make for local wildlife.
We will protect your data
- We always treat your information in a safe, secure, sensitive and confidential way. Your data is safe with us. We take our obligations to look after your data very seriously. We will never sell your name, address or other personal information to third party organisations.
- You can contact our Membership Team at any time on email@example.com if you would like to change the way we contact you or to opt out of future communications.
We are respectful
- If you do not want to make a donation to Essex Wildlife Trust, or you choose to withdraw your membership we will respect your decision.
- If you tell us that you don't want to be contacted in a certain way, we will honour your request.
- We always respond to your enquiries in an open, honest, courteous and professional way. We will acknowledge your complaint within 5 working days and let you know when you can expect a response if we need to obtain information from elsewhere. We will adhere to our Complaints Policy.
We are accountable
- Essex Wildlife Trust is registered with the Fundraising Regulator.
- Essex Wildlife Trust Trustees authorise all fundraising work and receive regular updates from the Chief Executive detailing the results of recent and current fundraising campaigns.
- We monitor fundraisers, including our volunteer groups and third party agencies working with us, to ensure they comply with the Institute of Fundraising’s Code of Practice and this Fundraising Promise.
- Where we work with third party agencies we will ensure training is provided and will monitor their work. We will act quickly if they do not meet the high standards we set and take appropriate measures such as re-training staff.
- We welcome and actively encourage feedback and make it clear how you can get in touch with us. We regularly use this feedback both to improve and enhance our fundraising campaigns.
- Essex Wildlife Trust’s Membership Team can be contacted at any time on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about our work, including fundraising.
- If you are unhappy with anything we have done, or not done, you can contact us at email@example.com and use our complaints procedure. If we make a mistake we will apologise and do all we can to put things right. However, if we cannot resolve your complaint, we accept the authority of the Fundraising Regulator to make a final adjudication.
Essex Wildlife Trust is a registered charity number 210065
Essex Wildlife Trust registered company number 638666