Big Wild Seed Sow Appeal
Help make Essex bloom for pollinators by donating to our appeal today
Every donation to our Big Wild Seed Sow appeal will go towards delivering more wildflower seed mixes to people in Essex – giving them the opportunity to sow seeds to a better future for insects.
By raising £10,000, we will be able to give every family who attends our events and activities a packet of our native wildflower mix in the coming year. If 500 supporters donate £20, you will help us reach this goal.
Did you know?
- The UK is home to 270 species of bees. Just under 250 of those are solitary bees which means they live alone rather than in hives.
- One in every three bites of food depends on pollinators.
- The taste of honey depends on what species of flowers the bees have visited.
- Bees and butterflies are not the only pollinators. Beetles, moths and flies also play an important part in pollination.
- Insects have been present for about 350 million years, and humans for only 300,000 years.