Essex Wildlife Trust is the county’s leading conservation charity. It has more than 34,000 members, manages and protects over 8,200 acres of land on 87 nature reserves, 2 nature parks and runs 11 visitor centres. The aim of Essex Wildlife Trust is to Protect Wildlife for the Future and for the people of Essex.
It is supported financially by members, local businesses and grant making organisations. It is one of the largest of the 47 county wildlife trusts that work together throughout the British Isles as The Wildlife Trusts.
Essex Wildlife Trust was established in 1959 and has grown from strength to strength, always striving to protect wildlife for the future and for the people of Essex.
What Essex Wildlife Trust Does - The Facts
Conserving Protecting Enhancing Educating Engaging
- Protects Wildlife for the Future across Essex
- Manages and enhances 87 nature reserves and 2 nature parks for wildlife and people - offers conservation advice across the county
- Educates 58,000 children and adults across Essex each year
- Engages 314,000 people through visitor centres and events each year
- Works with partner organisations across the county to achieve conservaiton aims
- Works with MP's, councillors and industry to protect wildlife
- Conserves important wildlife areas so that people can enjoy them
- Has developed the Living Landscape vision for Essex, which is now being implemented
- Works with developers and industry to influence their work
- Is working on the Local Area Agreement on two specific conservation aims
- Responds to planning applications
- Manages nine visitor centres, often introducing people to their wildlife
- Monitors and records certain species
- Ensures that habitats and species at risk are protected
You really can make a difference to the wildlife in Essex
By supporting our work through membership and volunteering, you can make a difference to the wildlife in Essex. Our members and volunteers give Essex Wildlife Trust:
This is vital to achieving our aim of Protecting Wildlife for the Future and for the People of Essex.
|Get Closer to Wildlife with Essex Wildlife Trust.pdf||476.24 KB|