Forest Schools - Den Building
Forest School is a specialised learning process that provides regular opportunities for children to achieve and develop confidence through real life experiences in a natural environment.
Who are we?
Essex Wildlife Trust Outdoor Learning team are Level 3 and Level 4 Forest School trained; DBS checked; qualified first aiders; experienced environmental educators and have many years’ experience of running high quality Forest School training and Forest School sessions in all settings with all ages.
Our Forest School service:
- Forest School sessions delivered at your setting or at an Essex Wildlife Trust nature reserve or visitor centre.
- Forest School training courses for Level 3 Certificate in Leading Forest School and Level 2 Award in Assisting Forest School Assistant. Please see here for more details.
- Forest Skills building day courses for qualified Forest School leaders and outdoor learning. Please see here for more details.
- Mentoring and advisory service for newly qualified Forest School leaders and to find suitable Forest School sites and give management advice.
A Forest School programme with us includes:
- Finding a Forest School site for your setting.
- Planning with staff to meet the needs of the group.
- Project ideas and expert skills.
- Risk assessments for the site and all activities.
- Site safety check before each session.
- All tools, equipment and resources.
- Presentation and/or inset session for teachers and adult helpers parents.
Children participating in Essex Wildlife Trust Forest School sessions will develop the following skills:
- Experimentation, mistakes, repetition and improvements.
- Positive transition from nursery to school/ infant to junior/ primary to secondary.
- Risk management.
- Improved speaking, listening and vocabulary.
- Increased self-confidence and awareness of the needs of others.
- Increased knowledge and understanding of the natural world.
- Skills such as knots, weaving, tool use, fire lighting and working with wood, plants and soil.
- Problem solving and collaboration
To contribute towards the funding of the Forest School provision from Essex Wildlife Trust we request the following donations:
Half day £100 - £150 (dependant on length of programme and number of sessions)
Full day £200 - £250 (dependant on length of programme and number of sessions)
Set of six half day sessions £850
Set of six full day sessions £1300
Site advisory service from £75
For more information or to make a booking contact:
Outdoor Learning Manager - Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 01621 862992
Follow Essex Wildlife Trust Forest School on Facebook to keep up to date with the latest information on
Forest School can also meet the needs of family or community groups - please contact us to discuss your requirements.