What is Forest School?
Forest School is a specialised learning process that provides regular opportunities for children to achieve and develop confidence through real life experiences in a natural environment.
Essex Wildlife Trust Forest School staff will work with your group to:
- deliver Forest School sessions for Schools and informal groups
- plan sessions in conjunction with staff and curriculum needs
- evaluate your site to find a suitable area
- provide woodland management advice
- prepare an arboricultural tree survey and safety plan
- deliver high quality, bespoke Forest School sessions to meet the requirements of your group
- mentor staff who are undergoing Forest School training and setting up a new Forest School
Who are we?
Essex Wildlife Trust Forest School Officers are Level 3 Forest School trained, DBS checked, qualified first aiders, experienced environmental educators and have many years experience of running high quality Forest School sessions for schools, home educated groups, nurseries and at weekends and in school holidays for holiday clubs.
Preparing for your Forest School experience
Essex Wildlife Trust staff are Forest School trained to level 3, DBS checked, qualified first aiders and experienced environmental educators.
- help to find a suitable site
- plan in conjunction with the teacher
- set up the health and safety precautions
- provide all the tools, equipment and resources
- give a presentations to teachers and parents
Children participating in Essex Wildlife Trust run Forest School sessions will develop a selection of the following skills:
- Knowledge of the world exploring the Forest School site through the changing seasons.
- Collaboration with peers through activities such as den making/ rope swing making.
- Fine and gross motor skills through tool use and knots and climbing and exploring.
- Helping children through transition from nursery to school/ infant to junior/ primary to secondary by working in conjunction with the next phase of the education provider.
- Expression of creativity in a free and natural environment.
- Risk taking in a safe environment from activities such as tool work, tree climbing, rope swings and fire lighting.
- Build on positive relationships with their peers and adults in a different environment.
- Speaking, listening and developing of new vocabulary in relaxed informal situation.
- Increased self-confidence and self-esteem.
To contribute towards the funding of the Forest School provision from Essex Wildlife Trust we request the following donations:
Half day £100 - £150
Full day £200 - £250
Set of six half day sessions £850
Set of six full day sessions £1300
Site assessment from £75
Arboriculturalist £50 per hour plus travel expenses
For more information or to make a booking contact:
Laura Harvey on 01621 862992/ 07533 376783 email@example.com
Follow Essex Wildlife Trust Forest School on Facebook to keep up to date with the latest developments on https://www.facebook.com/EWTForestSchool
The staff will discuss the needs of your Forest School session and send a booking form, please return the booking form to confirm your booking.
Forest School can also meet the needs of family or community groups - please contact us to discuss your requirements.
Our staff can also provide taster sessions and training days for teachers and practitioners.
|Forest School Leaflet.pdf||1.67 MB|