Burn off the excesses of Christmas at a series of New Year’s Day walks at Essex Wildlife Trust’s Blue House Farm, Ingrebourne Valley and at Marks Hill & Hoppit Shaw. These guided walks will be looking for wintering wildfowl, waders and hopefully a chance at spotting a few raptors too.
Don’t miss the chance to visit Thurrock Thameside Nature Park on Saturday 3rd February to spot wintering wildfowl, raptors and waders, or meet at Weald Country Park for a walk round the woods and the lake.
All Essex Wildlife Trust reserves are free to enter, so feel free to go on an unorganised walk anytime – don’t forget to pop in to any of Essex Wildlife Trusts visitor centres for a hot drink and a piece of cake!
Further information and events:
- Mon 1 Jan – annual walk around Marks Hill and Hoppit Shaw, Langdon Hills. Meet at small car park at reserve entrance in Delmores, SS16 6LR. 10.00am start to midday approximately.
- Mon 1 Jan – Walk around EWT Ingrebourne Valley, meeting at the visitor centre at 11.00am.
- Mon 1 Jan – Walk around the permissive paths at Blue House Farm nature reserve, birdwatching from the three hides returning via the Ferry Boat Inn. CM3 6GU, 10.00am-12.30pm. Contact Mike Sandison on 01621 741351 / email@example.com.
- Wed 24 Jan – Walk round Weald Country Park to spot resident and wintering birds in the woods and on the lake. Meet at the visitor centre, CM14 5QS 10.00am-1.00pm. Contact Paul Hudson on 01277 656047 or Nancy Rhodes on 01277 353740.
- Sat 3 Feb – Walk round Thurrock Thameside Nature Park, for wildfowl, waders and raptors. Meet at the visitors centre, SS17 0RN 10.30am.
- Sun 25 Feb – Walk round Blue House Farm nature reserve, to spot waders, wildfowl and birds of prey. Meet at the car park off Fambridge Road, CM3 6NB 10.30am-1.30pm. Contact Paul Hudson on 01277 656047 or Nancy Rhodes on 01277 353740.