Wildlife photography is a truly special way of allowing people to connect with nature; it is at the heart of inspiring a county full of people to experience, care about and protect our natural world. There is no shortage of spectacular species and habitats to photograph in Essex so submit your favourites to the Essex Wildlife Trust Photography Competition 2020 and showcase just how wonderfully wild Essex can be.
Whether you’ve taken images in your Essex garden, the countryside or within urban environments this year, the Essex Wildlife Trust Photography Competition 2020 has a category for you.
Compete via the following categories:
- A Wildlife Motion Picture – Images that capture movement within the natural world.
- Captivating Colours (NEW) – Images that portray Essex in all its technicoloured glory.
- Gardener’s World – Images taken in your Essex garden.
- Pattern and Texture – Images that take a closer look at wildlife.
- Wilder Essex (NEW) – Images that portray the unique beauty and diversity of Essex.
- Young Blood – Images taken by participants aged 6-16 only.
The Essex Wildlife Trust Photography Competition 2020 is open for entries until midnight 30th November. Each participant can submit a maximum of three images across the six available categories. All images must be taken in Essex during 2020. The overall winner will be decided by public vote and will be announced in December. The category winners decided by a panel of judges will win a copy of the Essex Wildlife Trust 2022 calendar including their image and the overall winner will win £200. The competition is proudly sponsored by Adult Community Learning (ACL) Essex. ACL is one of the largest providers of adult courses in Essex, including several photography courses.
Click here to read more about the competition details and submit your images.