Essex Wildlife Trust’s annual Photography Competition 2021 is now open for entries. From wildflower meadows and ancient woodlands to wild urban landscapes, Essex is privileged to have a rich variety of species and habitats to inspire that perfect wildlife image.
Nature photography has many health and wellbeing benefits. Spending time capturing a special moment in green spaces can help to ease stress, lift your mood and make you more appreciative of the natural world; it is at the heart of inspiring a county full of people to experience, care about and protect wildlife and wild places for the future.
The competition is free to enter, has six categories to choose from and a cash prize to be won. The categories you can submit your favourite Essex images into are as follows:
- A Wildlife Motion Picture – For images that capture movement within the natural world.
- Captivating Colours – For images that portray the wildlife and wild places in Essex in their technicoloured glory.
- Gardener’s World – For images taken in your Essex garden this year.
- Pattern and Texture – For images that take a closer look at the patterns and textures of the natural world.
- Wilder Essex – For images that portray the unique beauty and diversity of Essex, be it rural or urban.
- Young Blood – For images taken by those aged between 6-16.
Lily Chambers, Essex Wildlife Trust’s Communications Assistant said: “We’re thrilled that the 2021 competition is now open and we can’t wait to see what Essex residents and visitors have experienced through their lenses over the past year. The competition closes at the end of November, so get submitting and snapping!”
The charity’s annual photography competition goes from strength to strength and gains more traction each year. Last year, 450 people took part, over 870 Essex images were submitted, and 2,154 people voted for their favourite image to win the competition – all records for the competition. In the past few years, the winning images have also been enjoyed and celebrated locally, nationally and even internationally!
To find out more about how to enter Essex Wildlife Trust’s Photography Competition, please visit www.essexwt.org.uk/photography-competition-2021.